Modern Foreign Languages - Italian
Italian at Wheatfields Primary School
**ALL YEAR GROUPS - PLEASE SEE THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR JANUARY 2018 WORK ABOUT THE LEGEND OF "LA BEFANA"**
At Wheatfields we are very lucky to have Signora Triola, a qualified teacher of Italian, appointed by MAECI (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation) working for the Italian Consualate General of Italy in London. Signora Triola teaches Italian to the children in Years 1-6 once a week.
The children love learning Italian which, in turn, helps them with their own language by identifying roots to common words and recalling how language is taught.
Children learn a number of concepts around basic language acquisition skills, as in teaching children how to read, using picture prompts and flash cards. Children work from a very early age on greetings, days of the week and months, numbers, foods, objects and animals! Once they reach Key Stage 2 the children are learning how to follow instructions given to them in Italian and are forming basic phrases and sentences of their own.
MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES – SKILLS PROGRESSION:
Children in Years 1 and 2 will learn Italian. This will rely mainly on the spoken language. The children will learn basic facts and about Italian customs.
Children in Key Stage 2 will have Italian lessons. This will have an appropriate balance of spoken and written language and will lay the foundation for further language learning in Key Stage 3.
Pupils will be taught to:
- Impara i colori con gli amici pesciolini - Canzoni per bambini di Mela Music.mp4
- L'elefante si dondolava - Italian Songs for children by Coccole Sonore 480p.mp4
- i mesi dell'anno (2).ppt
- La Canzone delle vocali A E I O U.mp4
- Canzone dell'Alfabeto ABC - Italian Songs for children by Coccole Sonore.mp4
- Il caffè della Peppina riempi e disegna.docx
- la prima colazione.ppt
- Il caffè della Peppina (1971) con sottotitoli HQ CC - YouTube.flv
- Dare indicazioni stradali.ppty 5 spsp.ppt
- YEAR GROUPS 4, 5 AND 6:
- The first 2 files below, "La Befana", are firstly a video about the legend of La Befana and secondly a powerpoint presentation about what La Befana does on 6 January in Italy
- ALL YEAR GROUPS:
- "Testo da completare" - Story of La Befana
- "Completa e poi impara la filastrocca" and "Filastrocca della Befana da completare con disegni" - A poem to complete (fill in the blanks) and learn by heart
- "La note della Befana testo da completare" and the following image of "La note della befana" - What La Befana does in the night, 5th to 6th January
- "Scheda befana" - colouring in fun!