Modern Foreign Languages - Italian
Italian at Wheatfields Primary School
**ALL YEAR GROUPS - PLEASE SEE THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR:
- EASTER ACTIVITIES
At Wheatfields we are very lucky to have Signora Triola, a qualified teacher of Italian, appointed by MAECI (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation) working for the Italian Consualate General of Italy in London. Signora Triola teaches Italian to the children in Years 1-6 once a week.
The children love learning Italian which, in turn, helps them with their own language by identifying roots to common words and recalling how language is taught.
Children learn a number of concepts around basic language acquisition skills, as in teaching children how to read, using picture prompts and flash cards. Children work from a very early age on greetings, days of the week and months, numbers, foods, objects and animals! Once they reach Key Stage 2 the children are learning how to follow instructions given to them in Italian and are forming basic phrases and sentences of their own.
MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES – SKILLS PROGRESSION:
Children in Years 1 and 2 will learn Italian. This will rely mainly on the spoken language. The children will learn basic facts and about Italian customs.
Children in Key Stage 2 will have Italian lessons. This will have an appropriate balance of spoken and written language and will lay the foundation for further language learning in Key Stage 3.
Pupils will be taught to:
- Years 4 and 5 - a test which we did in class all about Easter
- Years 4 and 5 - the test with and without the solutions (2 files)
- A video about Easter in Italy with a word document of the video script
- Attività 1 semplificata.docx
- Attività senza soluzioni docx.docx
- soluzioni attivita' video Learn Italian Holidays.docx
- Learn Italian Holidays - Easter - Pasqua.mp4
- Tapescript video Learn Italian Holidays.docx
- Images of various traditional Easter food in Naples, Italy, followed by individual images:
- Lamb - Agnello
- Pizza - Crescia
- Dove Cake - La Culomba
- Neopolitan Salty Cake
- Traditional Easter "Pie" with eggs and vegetables
- Eggs cooked with dough and salami and cheese - Pizza Rustica
At the end there is a couple of powerpoint presentations which are:
- An Easter Quiz
- A presentation of images all about Easter