Year Group Information
Children learn best when they are happy, well motivated and actively involved in understanding the world around them. The quality of personal relationships and the caring atmosphere, which we try to create in school and on the playground, have important influences on our children’s achievements. Our aim is to ensure all children feel valued and that they develop a positive image of themselves. We believe every child has an equal opportunity to succeed and achieve their true potential. We have high expectations of every child in terms of learning, attitudes and behaviour. We aim to deliver a balanced curriculum, which not only provides essential knowledge and skills, but also promotes important spiritual, moral, social and cultural beliefs. Our goal is to prepare all pupils to be well-balanced citizens who live in an ever changing and demanding world.
Each curriculum area has a scheme of work, which outlines the precise content to be taught throughout each year in the school. Members of staff take responsibility for organising and overseeing the work of each subject area.
CURRICULUM MAPS FOR YEAR GROUPS - AUTUMN TERM 2022:
We have put together our usual termly Curriculum Maps for each year group so that parents can see what the children are working on this term.
- EYFS - Curriculum Map - Autumn Term 2022.pdf
- Years 1 & 2 - Curriculum Map - Autumn Term 2022 (1st half).pdf
- Year 3 - Curriculum Map - Autumn Term 2022 (1st half).pdf
- Year 4 - Curriculum Map - Autumn Term 2022.pdf
- Year 5 - Curriculum Map - Autumn Term 2022.pdf
- Year 6 - Curriculum Map - Autumn Term 2022.pdf
HOME LEARNING PROJECTS - AUTUMN TERM 2022:
YEAR 6 - As noted earlier, as Year 6 had their residential trip to Ironbridge or a week of activity days in school, their home learning project for the Autumn Term will be set on Monday 10 October - please see below (also emailed parents with a link to this webpage).
Please find each year group's home learning project for the 1st half of the AutumnTerm.
NB: The deadline for each project is given in the documents below.
**EYFS - We do not give out home learning projects in this year group**
- Years 1 and 2 - Home Learning Project - 1st Half Autumn Term 2022.pdf
- Year 3 - Home Learning Project - 1st Half Autumn Term 2022.pdf
- Year 4 - Home Learning Project - 1st Half Autumn Term 2022.pdf
- Year 5 - Home Learning Project - 1st Half Autumn Term 2022.pdf
- YEAR 6 - Autumn Term 2022 - Home Learning Project.pdf
CURRICULUM MEETING PRESENTATIONS - AUTUMN TERM 2022:
Please find each year group's Curriculum Presentations, as a reminder of the meetings you have had in school.
**THESE WILL BE SHOWN THROUGH THE HALF TERM AS AVAILABLE**