PARENT GOVERNOR VACANCIES MAY-23
We are writing to inform you of two vacancies for the role of parent governor on our governing board.
The role of the governing board
The school’s governing board is responsible for providing confident and strategic leadership, and creating robust accountability, oversight and assurance for the school’s educational and financial performance.
The board is passionate about education and committed to continuous school improvement to ensure the best possible outcomes for our pupils.
The role of a parent governor
As a parent governor, you’ll work with the board to make sure it effectively carries out the duties referred to above. You’ll also play a vital role in bringing a parental perspective to the governing board, but you’re not there to speak ‘on behalf’ of the parent body.
To be a parent governor you should have:
- A strong commitment to the role and to improving outcomes for children
- Good inter-personal skills, curiosity, and a willingness to learn and develop new skills
Expectations of governors
We have attached some guidance notes about the role of a parent governor that you may find useful.
How to apply
There is a ‘formal’ process involved and this is outlined below but please do not hesitate to ask if you are interested and need any further information or guidance. We want the most enthusiastic and dedicated members of the parent community to join our team and are happy to advise on any part of the application/selection procedure.
- Nominations* and 200 word personal statement to be sent to the school office by Friday 16th June (see attached proforma)
- All parents informed of nominations by Wednesday 21st June.
- If an election is necessary we will send ballot forms home with the children with the names of the candidates and their details. (Details of this part of the process will be sent out if an election is necessary but can be obtained from the school office if required in advance)
* Anyone who has parental responsibility for a pupil on the school roll at the time of the election can self-nominate, stand for election and can vote in the election.
If you have any queries about this process or would like to find out more about the role, please contact our current parent governors, Mr Paul Prosser PProsser@wheatfields.cambs.sch.uk or Ms Nicky Tabb NTabb@wheatfields.cambs.sch.uk
Finally, on behalf of all of the governing body at Wheatfields we thank you for reading this and hopefully, taking the time to consider joining the team. We are really looking forward to hearing from you!
Mrs Emma Verney-Davies Mrs Lisa Ling & Mr Andy Moffat
Acting Headteacher Co Chairs of Governors