Modern Foreign Languages - Italian
Italian at Wheatfields Primary School
At Wheatfields we are very lucky to have a qualified teacher of Italian, appointed each year by MAECI (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation) working for the Italian Consualate General of Italy in London. This year we have the lovely Signora Zezlina who gives Italian lessons to the children in Years 1-6 once a week.
The children love learning Italian which, in turn, helps them with their own language by identifying roots to common words and recalling how language is taught.
Children learn a number of concepts around basic language acquisition skills, as in teaching children how to read, using picture prompts and flash cards. Children work from a very early age on greetings, days of the week and months, numbers, foods, objects and animals! Once they reach Key Stage 2 the children are learning how to follow instructions given to them in Italian and are forming basic phrases and sentences of their own.
MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES – SKILLS PROGRESSION:
Children in Years 1 and 2 will learn Italian. This will rely mainly on the spoken language. The children will learn basic facts and about Italian customs.
Children in Key Stage 2 will have Italian lessons. This will have an appropriate balance of spoken and written language and will lay the foundation for further language learning in Key Stage 3.
Pupils will be taught to:
- 1 2 3 andiamo al mare canzone.pptx
- 04 1,2,3 andiamo al mare!.wma
- le vacanze e la spiaggia attività Yr 2 & 3.doc
- le vacanze e la spiaggia attività Yr 4 & 5.doc
- Le Vacanze e la spiaggia Yr 2 & 3.ppt
- Le Vacanze e la spiaggia Yr 4 & 5.ppt
- VACANZE IMMAGINI INSERISCI LE PAROLE - Copy.pdf
- VACANZE IMMAGINI y2INSERISCI LE PAROLE.docx
- VACANZE IMMAGINIy5 INSERISCI LE PAROLE.docx